Top 10 Sales Engagement Platforms for Sales Success
Sales teams constantly look to deliver high-quality interactions - at scale - with prospects and customers. And most teams would benefit from a tool that would help streamline their workflow and automate sales activities.
In this guide, we will explain the key features of a sales engagement platform and give you 10 recommendations to consider when choosing your platform.
What is a sales engagement platform?
A Sales Engagement Platform (SEP) helps sales teams plan, execute, track, and control how they interact with their customers in a single platform. These platforms typically offer features and tools that help streamline and optimize sales outreach, track interactions, and provide insights into customer engagement. By automating repetitive tasks such as email communications, follow-ups, and CRM data management, SEPs enable teams to scale their sales efforts and close deals faster.
Do note that sales engagement platforms differ from CRM or sales enablement platforms. CRMs primarily focus on managing customer data. Sales enablement tools help manage enablement content and training resources. SEPs stand out by helping sales teams streamline multichannel communications, optimize outreach, and provide in-depth analytics to drive more effective customer interactions.
Essential features to look for in a sales engagement platform
Here are the top characteristics of a sales engagement software:
1. Omnichannel engagement
Ideally, a sales engagement platform offers a single platform to create, manage and follow-up sales conversations across multiple channels, such as email, SMS, and social.
It is also worth noting that many multichannel engagement platforms exist, but not all are omnichannel. A company interacts with customers across different channels independently, and each channel operates in silo.
A SEP, like Sellular, sporting an omnichannel engagement feature, goes beyond merely providing various communication channels (like email, social media, phone, etc.). Such platforms integrate all these channels within the platform. Meaning, that the platform consolidates communications from various channels into a single, streamlined conversation interface. So, choose a SEP with such an omnichannel sales engagement feature.
A sales engagement tool should enable you to tailor outreach content to individual recipients.
Some basic personalization features include name fields in emails and customizable templates. Advanced personalization features encompass creating segmented campaigns based on buyer personas or behavioural triggers and AI-driven insights to tailor outreach to each recipient's preferences.
3. Analytics and reporting
A successful sales engagement strategy needs constant analysis and refining. Therefore, sophisticated reporting features are a must for sales engagement tools. Some basic analytics features include tracking email campaign metrics, call duration, number of calls made, rep activity metrics, and pipeline metrics.
Advanced reporting capabilities go further, providing in-depth insights into the sales process. This includes granular details such as email engagement metrics per recipient, call sentiment analysis, conversion rates at each stage of the sales pipeline, and sales attribution.
4. Easy-to-setup and use
Nobody likes software that is buggy and clunky. It will only decrease your efficiency and bring added chaos to your sales process. Choose a sales engagement platform that takes less time to set up and figure out. Ensure it has a user-friendly interface and intuitive navigation to facilitate seamless adoption by your sales team.
5. Customer support
Using a new sales software or transitioning into one can be overwhelming. It would be easier if the platform you choose has an efficient support team to help you set up the platform and get it up and running quickly.
Before you finalize your decision, check if the vendor is known for providing:
- Seamless onboarding processes
- Tutorials and
- Customer support
10 Best Sales Engagement Platforms in 2024
Sellular is an omnichannel sales engagement platform that allows sales teams to create end-to-end sales campaigns from a single platform. You can plan and execute multi-touch sales sequences across email, SMS, and social without leaving Sellular.
- Email optimization features to enhance emails for opens, clicks and engagement
- Reporting system that covers every sales sequence you create
- Communicate with leads across 190 countries
- Built-in task management system
- Seamless integration with Salesforce
- The interface is easy to use
- Transparent pricing and affordable
- Top-notch customer service team that also offers end-to-end setup
- Fewer integrations as compared to some other platforms
Best For: Growing teams looking to scale sales outreach with different channels along with Salesforce
Pricing: Starts at $39 monthly per user. 14-day free trial available.
SalesLoft is an AI-powered platform with the features of both a sales engagement tool and a CRM. This makes it easier for teams to research, call, and book demos across multiple platforms.
- Workflow automation
- One-click dialer with local presence numbers, messenger, and automated voicemail
- Lead prioritization and lead scoring
- Granular analytics for pipeline performance
- Tailored insights for sales reps and guidance for seller development
- Sales forecasting tool powered by AI
- Integration capabilities with a wide range of sales and marketing tools
- Helps prioritize leads better
- Templates help to maintain a consistent and professional communication approach
- Sales teams with simple sales processes can use cheaper and simpler alternatives.
- Some users find limitations when tailoring the platform to their specific requirements.
Best For: Sales teams that require the functionalities of a CRM and sales engagement platform and have a complex sales cycle.
Pricing: Custom pricing is available on request. No free trial is available.
Mixmax is a sales engagement platform primarily designed as an email outreach tool sales teams use to enhance their email communication capabilities. It integrates with various email clients, such as Gmail and Outlook, providing a range of features to improve outreach efficiency and revenue throughout the customer journey.
- Multi-channel sequences that can be customized according to stage and recipient
- Workflow automation with customizable triggers
- In-email polls and surveys for more engagement
- Automatic logging of data to Salesforce
- Native in-email dialer
- Integrations with popular sales productivity tools
- More granular email engagement metrics
- Features to nurture prospects across the sales cycle
- Using the platform comes with a learning curve
- Not affordable for smaller teams
Best For: Growing teams that heavily rely on emails for their sales process
Pricing: $9 per user/month, billed annually. 14-day free trial available
Klenty is a sales engagement platform that helps you find prospects and communicate across platforms at scale. It assists sales teams in managing their outbound sales activities efficiently, primarily focusing on email outreach and follow-ups.
- Combine calls, emails, SMS, LinkedIn, and WhatsApp into a unified, multi-touch sequence
- Unique workflow automation according to individual buyer journeys
- Segment and auto-route less-engaged leads to separate sequences
- A/B testing features
- AI writing tools to assist in writing sales outreach messages
- Great for intent-based personalization
- Integrates with popular CRMs
- Pro-active customer service
- The interface can be difficult to navigate compared to other tools.
- There may also be a learning curve as it lacks documentation and support videos.
- Limited customization
Best For: Sales teams looking to create hyper-personalized campaigns at scale
Pricing: Starts at $50 monthly per user. A 14-day free trial is available.
Outreach is an all-in-one AI-powered sales engagement tool that offers revenue operations along with sales engagement features. It helps drive seller productivity and deliver more predictable revenue.
- Customizable account-based workflows
- Auto-sequencing feature to handle a large volume of prospects
- High-impact sequences and playbooks for better seller productivity
- Enhanced sentiment analysis, A/B testing, and forecast with the power of AI
- In-depth deal insights
- High-security standards to protect data
- A centralized platform for every sales needs
- Accurate and advanced reporting
- Pricing is on the higher end. It can be a hefty investment if you don’t require all the features.
- Some users claim that Outreach is a bit more complex and less intuitive regarding user interface.
Best For: Enterprise sales teams who need a revenue platform along with a sales engagement platform
Pricing: Custom pricing is available on request. No free trial is available.
RingCentral is a cloud-based communication service that allows businesses to send and receive calls across multiple devices. It also provides audio and video conferencing features. This makes RingCentral a sales engagement platform focusing on calls as the main channel.
- Interactive voice response (IVR) system to automate the process of answering the phone and connecting the caller to an agent.
- Unlimited calls or texts within the U.S. and Canada
- Offers multilingual support, allowing companies to provide the same system instructions across many languages
- Advanced security systems to protect data
- Integration-friendly. Integrates with CRM, analytics, and customer support tool
- Easy to set up and use
- Works for remote, hybrid and on-premises communication
- Integrates well with other sales engagement platforms, CRMs, and customer support tools, making it a great choice to be part of the sales tech stack.
- Some important features, such as internet faxing, are available if you upgrade.
- Does not support any other channel other than voice calls
Best for: Businesses that rely heavily on phone channels for external outreach and are looking to integrate it with their existing tech stack.
Pricing: $20 per user per month, billed annually. A 14-day free trial is available.
Yesware is an affordable and simple email outreach platform for sales teams. Yesware's Outlook and Gmail add-ons live right inside inboxes, track email activity, and easily integrate with other sales tools.
- Notifications for when recipients read your emails, click links or view attachments
- Personalized outreach features
- Automated follow-up sequences and lead updation
- Customizable email templates
- In-email meeting scheduler
- Database of 100+ million business profiles
- Simple and straightforward interface
- No feature bloat - has just enough features to execute cold outreach successfully
- Comes with a free forever plan
- Users on review platforms claim that Yesware does not offer a guided onboarding experience.
- Lacks important cold outreach features such as inbox warmup
- Users mention that the integration with Salesforce experiences occasional issues, posing challenges for teams that heavily rely on Salesforce.
Best For: Sales teams looking for an affordable solution for cold email outreach and tracking, and don’t need additional complex features found in many other sales engagement software.
Pricing: $15 Seat / month billed annually, Free forever plan available
Groove is a sales engagement solution that helps teams prospect at scale across various platforms using multiple campaigns. Its advanced automation features enable sales reps to follow up and nurture prospects with personalized, multi-touch flows.
- Streamlined workflows based on real-time Salesforce data
- Advanced sales analytics that presents real-time and accurate revenue reports
- Conversion and revenue intelligence tool
- Task prioritization tools for increased productivity
- Calendar meeting scheduling.
- Revenue intelligence tools to plan and manage the entire revenue process
- Collaboration features for SDRs
- Many templates are available and can be accessed by the whole team
- Less affordable as compared to other tools on the market
- Some users complain the Salesforce sync is buggy
- The email template creator and editor are tricky to use.
Best For: Enterprise sales teams with a Salesforce-centered workflow, mid-market, software industry
Pricing: Custom pricing is provided on request. A free trial is available only for Salesforce users. It also has a minimum annual spend of $10,000 in the first year.
Freshsales is another sales engagement platform with CRM capabilities. It integrates calling and emailing and even has some automation options that allow you to schedule emails, create templates, and follow up with your prospects. The platform’s robust features align seamlessly with business needs, ensuring that the investment in the tool pays off by contributing significantly to all core areas of sales development.
- Offers 360-degree view of customer information
- Automates repetitive and complex tasks, including workflows, sales sequences, and update profiles.
- Auto-routes conversations to the right customer expert or team based on skill level, conversation limits, and other factors.
- Generates and tracks invoices, quotes, and documents with custom templates
- Measures performance with visual reports to enhance seller productivity
- Defines and tracks goals for your sales teams based on the number of closed deals and revenue daily, weekly, or quarterly.
- User-friendly. Allows new users to navigate its features without a steep learning curve.
- The Freshsales team is always available and ready to assist with any issues or questions.
- The forever-free plan makes it a great CRM for smaller organizations, and the affordable premium plans are great for teams looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Since Freshsales is a fully cloud-based platform, an organization that entirely runs on on-premises infrastructure can find it difficult to use.
- The mobile version can be slower than the web version.
Pricing: free forever plan available
Pipedrive is a sales engagement platform built around a customizable pipeline visually representing all leads as they move along the funnel.
- Unlimited, customizable sales pipelines
- Dedicated features for lead generation, qualification and prioritization
- CRM features like goal setting, activity tracking and insights for sales pipeline creation
- Drag-and-drop builder for emails to create stunning emails
- Machine learning-powered sales assistant
- Built-in telephony feature
- Android and iOS apps
- Affordable paid plans
- API access for full customization
- Simple interface that’s easy to learn
- Limited custom fields and reports on most plans
- Phone support only on the highest tier
Best for: Small sales teams looking for affordable sales engagement solutions with CRM features
Pricing: Starts at $ 9.90 per month. A 14-day Free trial is available
Final verdict: Which is the best sales engagement platform?
The "best" sales engagement platform for your team can vary significantly based on specific business requirements, objectives, and the unique dynamics of a sales team. Several factors like features, pricing, integrations, scalability, and user interface contribute to determining the optimal platform.
If your team uses Salesforce and wants an omnichannel platform to scale sales outreach at an affordable pricing, Sellular is right for you.